Location/Contact Information 625 E. Hibiscus Blvd. Melbourne, FL 32901 (321) 608-7420 Auditorium@mlbfl.org
Office Hours Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Patricia Brubaker – Administrative Assistant I
Kurt Bienias – Recreation Superintendent
The Melbourne Auditorium is a flexible, multi-use facility located on Florida’s Space Coast and central to accommodations, transportation, and a variety of Florida attractions. The facility boosts over 20,000 square feet of usable space including two meeting rooms (side halls) and a main hall. This facility can also be configured into one large open space that is great for large events.
The Melbourne Auditorium can accommodate a wide range of activities, such as wedding receptions, holiday parties, festivals, conventions, exhibitions, concerts, lectures, trade shows, sporting events, and many other types of events.
View all upcoming events scheduled at the Melbourne Auditorium.
A floor plan is available that shows the 20,600 square feet of usable space, including a stage area and main hall (presentation seating for 1336, or 1000 for sporting events), four partitioned dining/meeting rooms (seating for 300 to 1450 for banquets depending on room configuration), and a large lobby with box office. The Auditorium offers ample parking facilities, and large grounds with lakes that provide lovely settings for outdoor events. The Melbourne area boasts a year-round resort atmosphere, an inviting climate, and numerous visitor amenities.
There are more than 1,800 hotel rooms and a wide variety of restaurants within a five-mile radius of the Auditorium, many offering group rates. Also nearby are two golf courses, tennis, shopping, fishing and other activities. The Auditorium is at the center of the South Brevard County urban area. (Area Map) Its proximity to the Melbourne International Airport, the Greyhound Bus Terminal, the Atlantic Ocean beaches and central Florida attractions make the Auditorium an affordable, enjoyable destination for conferences, trade shows, meetings, and entertainment and sporting events.
Rate information is available upon request from the Auditorium office, (321) 674-5700. The Auditorium is located adjacent to scenic Wells Park.
- Rental deposit of 50% of the total rental fee is required to hold requested dates. Tentative reservations are held for a period of exactly two weeks from date of request. The rental deposit must be received within this two week period to reserve the requested date(s). Make checks payable to the City of Melbourne and send to the Melbourne Auditorium office along with a copy of the Auditorium Rental Rate Quote.
- Rental balance due within two weeks of contracted rental date.
- Signed Contract: Two (2) copies of the lease agreement will be issued after receipt of the required rental deposit. Both copies of the agreement must be signed and returned to the Auditorium office for the manager’s signature. One copy of the Lease Agreement with both the signatures of the Auditorium Manager and the Lessee will be returned to the Lessee.
- Copy of beer & wine, or liquor license required when alcohol beverages are to be sold during an event.
- Food Sales and Preparation – Food sales and/or preparation require a license from Brevard County and/or the State of Florida. If already licensed through Brevard County (i.e. schools, hospitals, civic organizations) must notify Brevard Co. (633-2053) of their intent to prepare, serve, or sell food at the Auditorium. All others (restaurants, caterers, civic organizations, private groups, etc.) must obtain a permit from the State of Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulations (1-800-375-6975).
- Comprehensive General Liability policy of insurance with the City of Melbourne named as the additional insured on such a policy. Policy shall reflect limits of insurance not less than $1,000,000.00 Occurrence/Aggregate and be in force at the time the lease commences.
- Copy of City of Melbourne Business Tax Receipt if merchandise is sold during the event.
- Uniformed Melbourne Police Officers required during certain events (determined by the Auditorium Superintendent)
- Security Guard(s) required when alcohol is consumed on the premises.
- Outdoor Assembly Permit required if outdoor activities are planned. Ex: Tents, equipment, games, cooking, car sales/shows, and other planned activities. An Outdoor Assembly Permit is to be submitted for any outdoor activities. This permit is then routed to the appropriate City Department for their recommendation. Departments reserve the right to contact the renter for further clarification regarding the outdoor activity. Upon approval from each City Department, a permit to proceed is issued.
- Refundable Damage Deposit in the amount of $500.00 is required for all events.
Services Included in Each Rental Contract
- 70 Tables (6ft., 8 ft. & round available)
- 500 Chairs
- Set Up and Tear Down by Auditorium Staff
- Maintenance Personnel present during event
- A/C and Heat during event
- Restroom Facilities
- Large Stage – 2,340 sq. ft.
- P.A. System
- Utilities and Electric
- Box Office
- Dressing Rooms (4)
Optional Services and Equipment
- Additional Tables & Chairs
- Lighting Technician
- Mirror Ball
- Pipe & Drape
- Security Guard
- Spotlight & Operator
- Stage Risers
Rental Fee Schedule as of October 1, 2018:
(Minimum 7 hours per day)
|Main + 1 wing||$125||$150|
Tidy Charge $125.00 per day