The City of Melbourne’s 4th of July Celebration is one of the area’s most exciting and enticing regional events for thousands of residents, families and friends. The 2019 celebration features the Firecracker 5K and the longest and most spectacular fireworks show in the area.
Fireworks Event Details
Thursday, July 4, 2019
8:05 p.m. – 8:20 p.m.: Skydiving show
9 p.m.: Fireworks start
Front Street Park, 2210 Front Street, Melbourne, FL 32901
The Air Sports Parachute Team will be joining the celebration again this year! Several UNCLE SAM skydivers carrying U.S. Flags will exit from the WWII “Tico Belle” C-47 provided by Valiant Air Command and land ON the Melbourne Causeway and in the Indian River Lagoon by Front St. Civic Center for spectators to enjoy prior to the fireworks display.
- Attendees are encouraged to park at Melbourne Auditorium (at 625 Hibiscus Boulevard) and use a free shuttle service to Front Street Park. Three buses will run continuously from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. Bus service will resume after the fireworks show and will run until 10:30 p.m. An ADA accessible bus will be available at the Melbourne Auditorium.
- Parking at Front Street Park will be reserved for those with Disabled Parking Permits only and will be extremely limited.
- No parking is allowed on the portion of the causeway that is in the City of Melbourne.
- Please note that some businesses do not allow public parking. Those businesses may have your vehicle towed from their private properties at your expense even if they are not open for business on July 4.
The following roads will close at 8 p.m. and will remain closed until approximately 10:30 p.m., depending on the time it takes for pedestrians to safely exit the park:
- Strawbridge Avenue (US 192) from US 1 to Riverside Drive (Indialantic)
- New Haven Avenue from the east side of the Mansion’s driveway to Strawbridge Avenue
- Riverview Drive at Palmetto Avenue
- Front Street at Melbourne Avenue
The boat ramp at Front Street Park will be closed at 5 p.m. on July 3 and will reopen at 9 a.m. on July 5.
Canopies and tents will not be allowed at Front Street Park because they block the view for other spectators.
In the event of rain, the fireworks display will be rescheduled to July 5. There will be no bus service or skydiver performance on the rain date.
For more information: Call (321) 608-7400
Support the 4th of July Celebration: We welcome contributions of any amount, every dollar counts.